Thursday, May 31, 2012

Elder Almquist Letter #40


Times do change.  Last week we had so many investigators at Church.  This week we had so few.  It is difficult not to get bummed about it.  But I feel the best is yet to come.  We’ll just get out there, and visit, and encourage them to love them into Christ’s kingdom. 

So get this-- Tuesday Sister Garcia told us she didn't want to continue and then this Friday she calls us and says she wants the gospel in her life and that the gospel is the one thing that can help her family.  It was incredible.  I never had prayed harder for someone and there was just such an instant answer to prayer!!!   It was so amazing.  Yesterday she passed her interview.  Mom and dad I have one last request.   I want you to do just one thing.  I want you to go to MY account and TAKE MY MONEY and get her a quad in maroon and then send it her.  I know this is a lot but she is the one friend that I would ever do this for.  I have been through it all with her for the last 5 months, and she deserves it.  She honestly deserves it.  She means so much to me.  I know I was meant to be here for her at this time.  Her husband is softening and it was just amazing.  I have tears of joy just thinking she will be baptized and make it there.  It will answer her prayers to have the constant companion of the Holy Ghost.

Manny Delgado spoke in church this last week, and it was amazing, and get this, I got to translate the meeting.  It was awesome.  His talk was so amazing, and it was so powerful.  I know this is going to be short but thank you so much for the package it was much much much needed.  I have been wearing my tennis shoes all the time... when I am not preaching the “good word” that is.

Know that I love you and I am always careful dad.  I am always careful.  I love you so much--I honestly do.  I will share more next week.  I love you

Elder Almquist

1 comment: