This week was
sure was up and down. Get this, I will continue to train Elder Aguilar
and stay here in Moses Lake. Mom I will skype with you on Sunday the 13th
at the Roylances. They should be giving you a call so that you can set it
all up. We ate there again. It was hilarious! I beat Brother Roylance in ping pong, and
it was just a wonderful meal. I was sure filled. We had amazing
rolls and then chicken that was so good, asparagus and then mashed potatoes.
There was no spice just plain American food, and it was just fantastic. The area is doing well. I am happy to be here with
Elder Aguilar again. The Tapia boys got baptized this weekend, and it was so
powerful. Just a wonderful baptism. The Lord was so present.
Angel and Ulises came up to me and gave me the biggest hug. On Friday
they said we be Mormons soon. I
love those kids. Ivan was able to baptize his brothers. I know that
must mean so much to those boys and especially him. We barely made
twenty lessons this week. Something I have never done and that is to teach 120
lessons in a transfer, and we were able to do it. Honestly we had so many
instances where the hand of the Lord was present. Well we had just a building week. Just pure
building. We had a great few lessons with Tony Rubio. He is doing well even though we can’t
find him this week. We had a super solid lesson with Brother Roylance and
then we couldn't find him for church. But church was solid. The
branch is growing. We have about
four families that come every other week, and if they would just all come at
the same time, it would be almost a ward size. We are so close. I
feel if we just get three more families in the branch, we can become a
ward. Let’s pray that we can find the elect families. The Garcia
family is doing amazing. Sister Garcia was helping us teach her son who is
8 now to learn about he importance of a prophet. It was honestly the hardest
lesson of my mission. But then the spirit took over and was able to help
his mind. Manny Delgado, one of our other on dates, is getting baptized
on the 12th now so that will be amazing. We should have baptisms for the
12th the 19th and 26th of May. It shall be super white here.
Mom, the
pants you sent are good. I did grow and inch but they are a little long
but nothing I can't grow into. The shirts are fine. The long sleeve
ones maybe a little short in the sleeve but I feel as I wear them they will stretch
out. I might get to play tennis with the high school team today wish me
luck.
The greatest
things are happening in Moses Lake. Sorry, I know this letter is terrible but let me just add some
updates. Well the clothes are amazing. Mom i love you so much. Thank you thank you !!!!!!! When
the UPS lady came the first words were I love you. She busted up
laughing.
This week just was such a blurr!!!. In Ether 2;17 it to be like unto
a dish and that is the same with us spiritually we have to be tight like unto a
dish in this watery world of sin. This is a world full of sin, and we have
to be tight. I know that as we strengthen our defenses we will be tight like
unto a dish and resist the ways of the world.
I love you—I
can’t wait for you letter this week. I love you dad and mom I really
do--I really love you.
Love Elder Almquist
No comments:
Post a Comment