Saturday, February 5, 2011

Elder Almquist Letter #3

Sorry everyone about last week. I was not able to write on the blog. I didn't have any time to do so because my schedule was totally packed. Elder Schone I am so glad you got your mission call, start learning Spanish ahora. Dylan Clement is in that mission. We see each other almost every day. He is a great elder and will do great things in Paraguay. Actually, everyone here is amazing. I am so proud to be one of the Lord’s chosen servants. We had a miracle this week. Everyone going to Spain y Mexico got their visas. They had been in here three extra weeks. It was such a blessing. However, my zone leaders are leaving, and I will really miss them. These past couple of weeks I have learned so much. I learned that most churches are quite similar to our church. For example, the Jehovah Witnesses are basically the exact same in structure. We all preach many similar things, but we must remember we have the authority. Which I must say is quite amazing. We shouldn’t judge other churches so quickly. I have noticed before I came here I would judge the other churches, and I wouldn't ever give them a chance. They are all preaching the same primary doctrine y that is love one another and to follow Christ. Another lesson is to just smile. So my companero y yo teach this woman called Jenesis. She is amazing. I love her, other than the fact that she called us satan’s servants, advocates of the devil, our church is run by the devil, the Book of Mormon is satan’s bible, yeah it was awesome. At least we knew where she stood. So now we can help her understand the truth. They said Christ was the devil too. Best of all though, it made me learn some patience and to just love others and smile. This is the Lord’s work, we got a new district they are all great elders, some of them just make me laugh and laugh they are great elders. Brother Swanson of the missionary department talked to us this Sunday. It was incredible. I felt the spirit so strong, and I couldn't help but think of my Savior. WE are all in need of saving, each and every one of us. Especially me; I need to be more patient and loving. The whole reason I am out here is to guide people back to the Savior. We wake up every morning, and we get ready and put on our best in hope to find our Savior. I found mine; it is amazing he loves each and every one of us, and he wants us all to succeed. I can't wait for the day when can see him again. Elder Andersen, I am so happy for you. I can tell the work is going great in Russia. You are an amazing elder. Remember I love you, and the Lord loves you. One last item. I complained about the food. Well it has gotten a ton better this week. Wow it has been amazing. Sorry mother, but these cooks are catching up to you. In fact, are you hiding in the kitchen back there? This work is the work of the Lord, and I love every second of it. O before I sign off, I just finished reading the four gospels. The New Testament is so incredible. I love how blunt the Savior is. He straight up tells the pharisees and sadducees they are liars. It is interesting to see how blunt he is. I love it. That is what I have focused in my teaching this week--being lovingly blunt with my investigators. It is working. They are starting to see how much this gospel can bless them. One named, Ryan said he wants to go on a mission. He is so close I can feel it. Well I love you all love.

Elder Almquist

Dios Es Grande. Hoorah for Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment