Well this week just flew buy. I can't believe it has been two weeks. The MTC is incredible. I feel the spirit everyday. The food, well let’s just say Heavenly Father does his best with what he gets. That’s all I have to say about the food. Well, last Tuesday I was finishing up the Gospels, and in that last meeting with the Apostles, Jesus asks Peter if he loves him, and then he says, “Feed my sheep.” That really hit me--we are out here to feed his sheep. Then no less then two hours after I was pondering on how to feed the sheep, Elder Holland came and spoke. It was the most incredible sermon I have ever heard. He was so blunt with us. He told us all that we basically were bad missionaries and that we need to double our efforts. He spoke exactly on feeding my sheep. The very thing I was just studying. He was explaining to the whole MTC saying we can do better, plan better, work harder, love more, now go out there and feed my sheep. Words can't describe how I felt and the whole experience. My little email doesn't do it justice at all. But I am out here to get the sheep back. Bring them to Jesus Cristo and help them live on the living water he offers. The gospel is exactly that, every time I pick up my scriptures, I never want to put them down. Jesus Cristo promised that one would never thirst again, and he was right. The scriptures fill my soul and pierce my heart. I never want to put them down. Then two days later, we had a large group meeting. This meeting was on baptism. WE are here to baptize. That is the whole reason missionaries go out. We come out to save God’s sheep and save their souls from that mean, stupid guy, satan. He really bugs me!!!!!! The one thing that produces baptism is faith. If you go out thinking maybe four or five or I hope I get one, then I did a good job. No!! The field is white ready to harvest. Missionaries are here to harvest souls not bring a few grains back. If you hope and pray for two hundred baptisms in Germany and know that Jesus Cristo has your back, then it will happen. I wrote this paper on faith the other day, it is like a priesthood lesson, almost. Faith can heal the sick, move mountains, cause miracles. I know I have to trust in the Lord and that the work will come if I put in my part. I know I am out here to save people. This is no joke. We are dealing with God’s children not just numbers. We are dealing with eternal salvation not just numbers. I love this Gospel so much. I learn something new everyday. I so regret not taking advantage of all the opportunities I had before I came out here. My favorite part so far is teaching. It is the hardest part of the day, but it is my favorite. I want to tell the investigator all I know about the gospel, but I can't until they have a foundation. I have to see them as primary children. In my home Ward, Bishop Ott gave all the Priests callings teaching in Primary. I can see now it was in preparation of teaching the basics of the Gospel to someone maybe hearing it for the first time. Teaching really is the hardest part, but I love it. Having someone’s face light up because they understand your terrible Spanish is the best feeling in the world. Teaching children is so fun. I picture investigators like the humble yet intelligent kids I have come to know -- like Savannah and Benson and Norah. I have even made little puppets to help investigators understand what I am saying. Trust me, it works. It gets a little difficult trying to teach the concept of dispensations of time, but eventually they get it. I still have more work to do. I have to make a Red Sea and a Moses to help explain Prophets and dispensations. So the major lessons I learned this week were feeding his sheep, baptizing with faith, and praying with a purpose. If you ask for a blessing, it will happen. A couple of days ago, I prayed and made a promise with Heavenly Father. If I got up 30 minutes earlier at 6 a.m. and studied, then I asked him to give me energy the first day. Hey, it worked. I have been getting up at six and studying and BAM—I have loads of energy more then before. I know he is blessing me. The Lord is real-- he exists, this really is the greatest work. Everyday I think I am so lucky to partake of this great work. Thanks for all your support through prayers and letters.
Dios es Grande
Elder Skyler Paul Almquist
P.S. Please write. Love you all!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment