Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Elder Almquist Letter #5

I can’t believe another week has gone by. The time is flying by so much. The work is so true. I had a huge testimony builder this week. I read about great missionaries in the Bible and The Book of Mormon--Peter, Paul, Ammon, Abinidi, Alma, Moroni, Mormon, Jacob, Moses, and Joseph. Wow, it is really amazing--they were all great missionaries. The one thing they did was they testified of the Savior. I realized that all I have to do is testify of the Savior. He died for us, and he lives again, he overcame the two deaths for us--he suffered in the garden, he hung on the cross, all of this he did for me and you--for us. Just so we can be with him again. I wake up every morning put on my tag, when I don’t sleep with it; and go and find Christ. He is so easy to find if you look in the right places. It is so amazing to talk with him and know what he is really all about. The Bible is a true book, it testifies of the Savior, he was the Jehovah of the old, the Messiah of the new. He is my Savior. Ok, so lets set things straight. Why do people not like Isaiah it is so amazing. Isaiah 19 testifies of a temple in Egypt. Now it can happen. Mubarak is gone the great and marvelous work can now go forth and reach God’s children in Egypt. I see miracles happen everyday, the world is an amazing place full of love and happiness if one goes searching for it. The MTC is amazing I don't know what people are talking about when they say they didn’t like the MTC. This is so much fun, sorry I sound so dumb but it is so amazing I love the MTC. Our investigator, Ryan finally committed to baptism. It was so humbling, it really was an amazing feeling. You learn so much in here. I love it here, and I love the MTC. I will close now, but I want to share two things with you. Pride is a sin, we all need to subdue our feelings of pride, pride breeds contention. Pride is the gateway sin to all other sin and that pride only hurts other children of god. I know I especially need to subdue my feelings of pride. We all need to be less prideful and more grateful of the blessings the Lord has given us in this day and age. The next thing is I love the Savior, never be mean to him, let him take your sins, your transgressions, remember this, he had one of his best friends betray him, his best best friend deny him 3 times, and a father who knew he had to stand by as his son suffered for us. Now don't be mean to him, he has already suffered for you so don't let him suffer more, go out each day, find him, develop a relationship with the savior. I love him more than words can express. I love you all so much

Elder Almquist

dios es grande

No comments:

Post a Comment