Sunday, November 25, 2012

Elder Almquist Letter #56


Hello Family:

Madison is baptized and confirmed.  It was AMAZING--such a spiritual baptism!!  The service was packed.  We had so many people there and Elder Manu was there.   I got to go on exchanges with the assistants and they stayed.  The work is hastening!!  This week we found an entire family to teach.  So pray that we can get this new family going to church.   Things here are just wonderful.  Madison is just the coolest new member ever.  Her whole family came, and they just loved it.  She is doing it alone, and I know she can make it.  I know this is expensive but can you take some of my money and get a quad with her name on it.  MADISON ANNE BOON maroon or blue you pick mom.  If not, I understand.  

This week was amazing.  Elder Bussey of the Seventy came, and I was with him and our Mission President on Saturday and Sunday.  It was just a spiritual feast.  I feel so pumped up.   On Saturday night I took the President’s son out with me, and it was amazing.  I loved it.   I feel so inspired. 

Friday night I was with Elder Saucedo, and we were tracting.  We tracted to this elderly lady named Betty.   She is wonderful, and Elder Saucedo started talking with her and then the spirit just filled the room.  We felt inspired to ask if she had lost any children.  Well, she responded that she had lost a baby and a son a few years ago.  Then we testified of eternal families. The joy and the tears couldn't stop flowing.  She is so amazing.  One of the best moments of my life.  The spirit just filled the room.  I hope we can get in this week to teach her!  I can’t believe how much is just going on right now.  We are in the finding stage, and we are just finding people out of the woodwork.  So things are going great.  

I feel the spirit is just going right through me.  I am so grateful to be here.  Just yesterday, I stopped in the street, and the rain cleared up.  I looked up and there was a little star coming through, and I felt God’s love so much.  I am so blessed.  I am so blessed.  

Today I finished up Alma, and it was amazing how the Nephites gave all the credit to the Lord.  I wonder sometimes, are we like them-- are we giving all thanks to the Father.  Are we?  Dad I loved how you just felt inspired.  I loved our stake conference it was amazing.  Madison came to the morning session with our Mission President and Elder Bussey.  She just loved it.  

I am so blessed.  I just can’t stop thinking about how merciful my father in heaven is to me.  Diane is doing great and two of my recent converts were also at the meeting.  Greg Kelmis is going through the temple in March and then Jaimye is still active.  I am so happy transfers are this week.  I hope I stay here.  

I love you mom and dad.  Things are going great.

Love Elder Almquist 

P.S.  It pays to get good grades

No comments:

Post a Comment