Things are going great. I can't believe how fast this last week
has gone by. It was amazing to talk to you mom. It felt so
good that my Mission President could trust me to let me call my parents.
I don't know if he could do that with other missionaries. I felt so good
about that.
There were a couple of amazing
miracles this week. Diane, an investigator from the sisters, finally
made a date. It was the most amazing lesson. She has been so wish
washy. We asked her about baptism and she started talking about nothing
that had to deal with baptism and how here parents should be in hell. It was interesting. So then she
starts to shed a tear, and we were all silent for like five minutes. Then the Spirit just hit my companion
and me. Elder Saucedo, and I said,
“Diane you need the Holy Ghost. You
are going to stay this way until you have the Holy Ghost.” We then
proceeded to talk about how she was just going to stay in that hole until she
received the Holy Ghost and then she would be reborn. The next thing was
so amazing. She then said, “What day is the 22nd and then we were
like that is Thanksgiving and then we said how about the 10th and she sat and
thought for a really long time, and then she said I will do it. It was
amazing. She is on date for the tenth so we finally have an on
date. I love it. I feel like
I have been doing the best teaching I have ever done, and the Spirit is just
flowing. Yet my area is not doing
a single thing, so I am just super praying that we can have some amazing
miracles. Diane is just amazing, and Jayme Dice is in my ward here.
I have just been praying so hard and just pouring my soul out, and the Lord is
just humbling me, and I can't believe how much I just have to trust in the Lord.
I am doing great. I had the opportunity last night to have
this priest call me and asked if I could ordain him to the office of an
elder. I can't believe how humbling it was. Mom and dad I just
can't believe that how much you are doing for me. I just feel so grateful
for parents like you.
We had a lesson this week with Madison,
and it was just amazing. I was with John Delong, and it was just an amazing
lesson. We were with Madison.
I was feeling the spirit, and I was compelled to ask if she is
scared. She said she was and how
things at home are just terrible. I couldn't believe how strong the Spirit
was. It was incredible. Sadly, James didn't come to church, and I was
just hurt because he went and got drunk that night; and it was sad. His friend,
Briggs, might call you soon mom for a room if we still
have one.
So things in the zone are
great. We are the #1 zone so things are just amazing. I pray for
you every day and sure love you.
Love Elder Almquist
No comments:
Post a Comment