Hey mom and
dad this was the craziest week of my mission. It was crazy. Let’s
do business first. The backpack—I had already ordered one from a store
here, so I should have probably told you that. Mom the skittles were a
miracle. We had a leadership conference this week, and I drove our
car. On the way back, we played survivor. I was voted first off the
island, and the wager was a family pack of skittles. The moment I got back, there was my family pack of
skittles to pay off my debt to the other elder. So thanks so much for
being inspired to pay off my debt!
Let me just
start back from last Sunday. So being lead zone leader is crazy. Elder Manu says I am basically the west
side AP because the three zones out here are the farthest out of them all.
It is crazy. So now, since I
am the lead zone leader, basically everything that happens goes through
me, and if it weren’t for divine guidance, I don't know if I would have
survived this week. Some of my administrative duties are as follows: I
have to find a ride from Brewster for a companion to pick up his trainee.
Then I have to find a ride from here to pick up four missionaries and their new
trainees. Then I have to go to
Moses Lake to pick up bikes and everything the new Elders need. So that
was Sunday. Monday was getting all that accomplished. Keep in mind
it is 3 1/2 hours to Spokane and then also 4 hours from there to
Brewster. I didn't have a companion so I had to do it all
myself. (Now keep in mind that members often provide these rides.) It was
crazy because honestly that is a lot of money for members who volunteer to make
those trips. They have to make
trips like that all the time. It was nice to give them a break. But it was so crazy. We also had
leadership training this last week in Moses Lake. I have a brand new zone
leader and three new missionaries in my zone. Not to mention
not really any progressing investigators. So this was absolutely
crazy. By Monday night I was calling around the Stake for rides, and I
had no luck. I was with my good friend Elder Judd and his companion.
We decided to visit the Bishop in the Elder’s area. He was talking with his family and then
pulled us aside and asked how transfers were going. We explained the difficult situation, and he generously
offered his truck and trailer to go get the luggage and bikes and then all we
have to do is get a driver. Then a member with a suburban offers out of
the blue to pick up all the other missionaries. Wow, what a miracle. The
funniest thing is they had to be in Spokane at 7:45 am. It was crazy. I love how if we work our hardest then
the Spirit helps pick up the rest.
I am grateful to everyone who helps.
So let me
tell you how much I love the missionaries in my zone. They are
amazing. I have some of the best missionaries in the mission. My
companion is a stud. He is from Mexico City and my Spanish is doing
great. This week we had some incredible miracles. So our less
active WML for the branch has a brother-in-law, Rueben, that we are trying to
teach. So, let me tell you about Rueben. Well the other day after
correlation we knelt down to pray and Rueben was mentioned in the prayer. Normally Rueben is always like running
away from us, but a week ago we gave his father a blessing. During the
blessing, something hit him because when we knelt down to give a prayer to end
the visit, he comes in and is like, “I want to do it. How do you do it?” He then proceeds to give the best
prayer ever. That was a huge blessing of the Spirit he received that night.
Then get
this. Monday night an English
member calls us and says, “Hey, I have someone you need to visit.” This
elderly lady meets this man at Walmart and then she gives us his number. We called him to set up a church
tour. Then Sunday he comes!!!!
His name is 'Jerry.' He is super prepared.
Oh, then
another blessing, a young girl named Madison joins our investigator pool. She is so legit. She is 16 years
old and amazingly prepared. So get
this, last week she said she didn't feel like she could accept an answer to her
prayer. Then she says her first
prayer, and right after that she says, “I can receive an answer now.” Now get ready, because she takes the
Book of Mormon, reads it, comes to Church and even brings a friend. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe it? Then she says
this, "I will be the only Mormon of my family. That is great. I love it." I am so pumped
to teach her.
We have the
best bishop. There is a problem
with some sprinklers outside and it floods the apartment every once in a
while. Well, it happened to us
this week. Our Bishop and Stake
President heard we had the problem and showed up with fans and a shop vac to
get rid of the water. It wasn't
bad. The only damage was that we
lost some old church manuals. That topped off our crazy week. So
here is my recap: crazy transfers with rides for everyone, flooded
basement, challenges with committing members to the work, but huge
blessing through it all. It all robs me of sleep but I love it. To
top it off, on Sunday our Bishop did a training at Church and then we got 7
member referrals afterwards. It was crazy.
I love this work! It is so amazing. I love you mom
and dad. This is just
amazing. It is just wonderful!!!
I love you so
much mom and dad thanks for the letters.
I love this
so much. I love just living and
just doing the will of the Lord.
I love you
mom and dad.
Love Elder Almquist
No comments:
Post a Comment