Thursday, August 9, 2012

Elder Almquist Letter #44


Hello Family: 

Elder Saloman from the DF of Mexico is my new companion.  He is totally legit.  I am now the lead zone leader; it is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  After just one transfer!!!!!!

Things are going crazy in the zone.  We have a sweet zone.  I have three former zone leaders coming in.  So I am super pumped because we have awesome leadership.  I can't wait to see how this will all work this transfer will be amazing.  We have some sweet veterans.  I ate lunch with Brother Palmer.  He got mad at me because I paid for myself and then he made me take money.  It was hilarious.  Then I also saw Christy Ottosen.  That was great.  Mom, thanks so much for the letter from Janet Glanzer.  She is just amazing.  Tell her I will come up soon if I am the zone leader in the Columbia River Zone!!!!  But man Oroville that place is awesome.  In June Dad you and I are coming back on a road trip and then I also think Elder Manu will be coming with us as well.  I can't wait.  Things are going better in our area.  I can't believe Elder Garcia gets home in like two hours!!!  Man I sure loved him.  Probably one of the best men I have ever met.  He was so patient with me and my many faults.  The zone is just going crazy.  All three new Spanish elders will be in my zone, so I am super excited about that.  We found two new families this week so I am super happy about that.  We found a family of four who almost accepted a date to be baptized and also a family of two.  They both know tons of members.  The work is so much easier when investigators know good members who help fellowship them as we teach.

I feel so grateful for the blessings the Lord is pouring out upon my family.  Mom if I need something, I can get it here.  But if you feel impressed to send something, then pray about it. 

Hey get this!! The Morley’s nephew, Elder Bennett is in my zone and I went on exchanges with him.  He is a stud.  So tell the Morleys that their nephew is doing super awesome.  Hey remember me telling you about Elder Zubeck from Delta; he is a zone leader now so I am so pumped up to be with him. 

I have a priest tonight as my companion.  Really pray for him.  He is looking up anti-Mormon literature, and the bishop asked me to take him out. So pray that the spirit can touch his heart.  I know he is a good man and hopefully he can just get it and be a believer. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary.  I love this work.  There is such a wonderful thing that just encompasses you, and I am so grateful that I was able to go.  One thing I do know is that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that he truly loves me. 

I love you mom and dad—I pray for you always. 
I love the letters--I truly do !!! love you

EA

No comments:

Post a Comment