Monday, April 2, 2012

Elder Almquist Letter #32


I have nothing but good news to report.  I have a new companion and the very day he arrived we found a new family.  Moses Lake is really blessed.

The Lord is just amazing. Honestly I just love this work.  My new missionary is Elder Aguilar, and we couldn't be more different, and it is awesome!!!  He is from El Paso, Texas.   He is a convert and is the only member of his whole family.  He is so strong.  Very loving and has a huge heart.  He doesn’t speak much Spanish though, but hey, we are doing great.  It is amazing.  He is such a strong spirit, and we instantly teach in unity.  It is so amazing.  He is humbling me so much.  He grew up having nothing and many difficult situations.   I grew up with every pleasure one could want.  He has moved over 15 times.  Yet I grew up in the same house.  He has so little that it is such a humbling thing to me that it makes me just want to repent.  I love this man.  He is the best new missionary ever.  He already knows how to teach.  He has a huge testimony, and he is just awesome.  This week we have just been super busy and get this 9 investigators in church-- it was amazing.  We taught like crazy this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe the success we are having here. 

The Candela family said they couldn't come to church because of work and then they showed up.  Work had called them both in at first and later said they didn't need to work.  What a miracle.  Then in a lesson this week, we asked the family how many know this is the true gospel of our Savior and the kid, Ivan, just pumped up his hand and said, “I do for sure.”  It was incredible.  I know that they are so elect.  Then get this, there was a family that Elder Mitchell and I found and we finally got to teach them.  Best of all,  they came to church yesterday.  They are the Vega family, and they are so legit.  The mom and the youngest daughter came to church.  The mother has 7 kids and one of the older ones is a member and the Primary President over in Renton, Washington.  The youngest girl named Guadalupe is awesome.  She told us she believes all that we teach.  She is honestly the coolest person ever.  She and her mom came to church yesterday.  What a blessing.  They are amazing.  Then, what is even more interesting, the sisters are teaching the mom's daughter-in-law on the other side of Moses Lake and should be baptized come the 28 of April.  Sadly, Giovanni, another one of our investigators, fell off date but come this week he should be back on.  It is just incredible.  The branch just loves us.  We have 100% support from the branch; which is what we needed.  I mean it is just amazing.  I can’t get over the fact of how merciful the Lord is being.  The Lord is truly blessing us.  The fact I am training again is a huge blessing.  I am not that great of a missionary, and yet I have two sons.  Elder Jones said I am like father Abraham. 

Wow I just can’t believe how the blessings are falling upon us here.  I am truly so blessed to be serving here.  I love Moses Lake.   I learned how to make great tortillas from an elderly sister here.   She is like 81, and she loves us.  She said just for you two I will teach you how to make tortillas. Then Elder Taylor got transferred so I cashed in on the deal with Elder Aguilar.  It was amazing. 

So here is another blessing.  Like I said, my companion has nothing, which includes no money to buy a bike.  So the mission supplied him with a Schwinn, a true Walmart special.  The first day the axle completely breaks in half.  We found a bike for a day that had no brakes so that wasn't safe, but he still has no money to buy a bike.  I guess about a year ago a missionary left his bike here and said he didn't know why he was doing that, but he left it anyway.   We were talking with this member, and he has kept this bike, which is a nice bike.  It’s not a Trek or anything super expensive but a solid bike and get this, the member hasn't ridden it and was able to give it to Elder Aguilar.  Now he has a bike.   I consider this a tender mercy.  It is just amazing.  I can’t relate all the experiences and how the Spirit is just guiding us, but I know that one day, we will all get it.  There are just some amazing things happening here.  We just need to harvest now.  We are done sowing and tending the crop; let’s get some harvest. 

I love you all thank you so much this was the best week of my mission
Wow, I just love being a missionary so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love you

Elder Almquist

No comments:

Post a Comment