Saturday, June 30, 2012

Elder Almquist Letter #42


Letter from 6/25/12

Mom!  You are the greatest.  I totally loved the
pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had so totally planned to send pictures today through the email, but
get this, my camera battery died so sorry -- next week.  I am super bad
with the whole “sending pictures” thing, but hey.... it’s me.  The things expected of me as a zone leader are going well.  I love this position because it is just awesome to work with the other Elders and Sisters.  My previous two transfers really helped humble me so I could be prepared to fulfill this assignment.  If I sound a little out of it today, it’s all good
because Elder Garcia and I couldn't sleep last night.  We stayed up
late lying in bed just talking about the work and our assignments.  We are so focused on what we need to do to bring souls to Christ that sometimes we can’t fall asleep.  It was great.  I LOVE serving with him.  He is such a humble man.  

Well our ward totally got rebuked by a member for not inviting investigators to Church.  It was awesome, and then afterward we got two referrals.  The Spirit was so strong.  Our ward missionary got up and said the missionaries have virtually no investigators.  He went on to say, “These two missionaries work hard.  They are the best the mission has to offer and you know why they aren't teaching like they are prepared to do?  It is because we don’t invite our friends and families to learn more.”  It was amazing because I totally feel like the Ward is going to get fired up pretty
soon.  We are having another forty day fast for missionary work, and
we hope to get some names and new families to teach.  It was a huge
wake up call to the Ward, and honestly, I feel that we shall soon start
to harvest.  The zone is doing well.  We had an awesome week.  As a zone, things seem to be doing well.  The work has really picked up and the members seem to be more willing to help!!!  On a funny side we made our ward into a branch.  Let me explain.  Elder Garcia and I visited all the members listed on the Ward directory.   We found thirty who moved away.  It made the Ward smaller.  It was super funny because in Ward Council our Bishop was saying, “Hey, I thought you were supposed to bring more people in instead of making us a branch.”   It was super funny.  The lord is preparing people for the gospel.  It truly is going to pick up.  We are doing well. 

Letter from 6/18/12

My new companion is Elder Mario Isaac Garcia from Nashville, Tennessee. I love being here with him.  

It is so amazing. It is great.  We are super busy with a bunch of administrative stuff.  The work in the Mission Ridge ward is going well; we are in the finding stage.  We had one investigator come to church yesterday at the Spanish branch, and it was awesome.  His name is Alfonzo, and he is super legit.  We don't know why he won’t be baptized, but he is super solid.  Super good man.  The ward mission leader is a recent convert I taught the last time I was here.  So that is awesome.  Just always keep praying for the work.  The zone is super.   Honestly, we have some of the best missionaries in the mission and get this they are all Spanish speaking so it is amazing. My companion is super cool.  I love Elder Garcia.  Elder Manu was here before me, and now he is the new ap so it is awesome to go on exchanges with him.  The stake presidency is super pumped up they are just awesome people.  We live in the basement of a house the same one Elder Clarke and I lived in.  1038 rosewood Wenatchee,  WA 98801.   That is our address.  I will send some pictures today.  I think hopefully!  It is just so nice to be back in Wenatchee.   I love Wenatchee.  I just love it here.  We are just focusing and exciting our members.  Hey dad you have any advice on being a zone leader.  Anything would be good.  
Mom and dad I just love you both so much you all mean so much to me.

Love Elder Almquist 


No comments:

Post a Comment