Wow! This is so weird being a dad (training a brand new Elder.) I know somewhat what it is like to be a parent. This is an adventure. He is my first companion who is completely lost in the lessons. He says a few funny things that don’t translate real well. It makes us all laugh a bit. But, I am sure in no time he will have the language down and these funny sayings will disappear. I love gmail. It is so fun to communicate with everyone. It also helps the Church to grow. Lots of people learn about the Gospel through the net.
We had a really good week. So much was happening and too hard to explain. But we are busy and blessed. Elder Taylor is doing well. The area is doing well. We were supposed to have a ton of investigators at Church and only four showed up. But a less active family showed up that had not been there for like almost 3 years. That made up for it. It was amazing. The Belen family and Ismael and Laura are so close to baptism. We had a ton happen this week. Maria Valdavino wasn't answering her door so we sent the miracle sisters over and it was awesome because now she is on date.
It’s great because the members here are so helpful in the work. Brother Magana bought me a soccer jersey. Man, he is like my favorite person ever. We now have matching jerseys. It is so funny. We had the most amazing solid lesson with this kid named Luiz Fernandez. He has been attending this way anti-Mormon church. We have just been reading the Bible with him and finally we just were able to help him open up. Wow, he is amazing. I can see the progress in his mind as we open up the truth found in the scriptures. I know without a doubt he is going to serve a mission. I am so pumped up. We have zone conference tomorrow, and I will be able to see elders Mitchell and Manu. It is going to be a blast.
A few more updates. The Garcia family opened up. They are so amazing. We had a lesson with them where Brother Marlatt showed up too. The Spirit was so strong that when we testified of the truth, they were just blown away. We talked about how Phillip baptized the eunuch based just on a belief of Christ. She is a JW, but it was so amazing how the Spirit worked with her through us. They are so close to baptism. We were just so guided by the Spirit. I am so grateful for the Spirit and the direction it gives us.
Palm, I love you man. Just find the missionaries for me ok! Study and read the book of Mormon. I love you, Palm. I sure miss you. The Spirit is so powerful. I have been focusing on improving my ability to listen and find the impressions of the spirit. I am so grateful for you. I love you so much. I know I haven’t shared much about our daily life. But, I am more excited about teaching. We had to get the car fixed again. The airbag got recalled. So we are back to other forms of transportation. That’s cool. I love you mom and dad. I love you.
Love your most grateful son.
Skyler
No comments:
Post a Comment