What is a testimony? In my mind it is a knowledge of anything. No one can take a testimony away except yourself. We found this man yesterday who completely inactive. It was quite sad to hear his story. Let’s just say he has lost so much: wife and kids gone. For starters, he does not have a testimony. At least he stopped nourishing one if he ever did possess a knowledge of the truth. Now he is lost concerning things of the spirit, and currently he doesn't know what to do. He said he talked himself out of moving away but really doesn’t know where to turn. Basically he took his own testimony away from himself. I got to thinking about him and how we can help him. We have tried to bring the truth back to him but basically I couldn't think of anything to really grab him and bring him to his senses. Then this morning I was pondering about my past member friend and it just hit Elder Gillespie and me about at the same time. I was looking at my scriptures where I have this bookmark and on it was a street sign that says "love." I looked at this awhile then I looked at Elder Gillespie and he said, “Elder, we need to love more around here and then I showed him my book mark focusing on love. I guess to have a testimony we have to love, which stands on a pillar of three things: hope, charity, and faith. God has a perfect love because he has mastered hope, charity and faith. I guess I need to love a whole lot more. Love is well the beginning of a testimony. When we have love we want to give more to other people which is charity, which leads to hope which leads to faith which leads to a testimony. So basically God is love because He has the biggest testimony out of anyone!! Well, I love you all. Make sure you keep your testimony strong.
Love, Elder Almquist
No comments:
Post a Comment