Thursday, May 19, 2011

Elder Almquist Letter #13

So this week I have seen the importance of the Bible.  As one of the keys of our religion, I can see we can prove anything with the Bible.   We are working with a man who will only believe gospel principles taught out of the Bible.   So this week we have been teaching strictly out of the Bible.   We have been able to show our investigator that the bible to is a powerful witness of Christ.  Indeed, it is the main and first witness of Christ.    When we teach using the Bible, people see us as not only focused on the testimony of Christ in the Book of Mormon, but also as a God-loving people with respect and testimony also based on the Bible.  Using the Bible as a source to find happiness and peace is sincere and should be an equal source of knowledge as the Book of Mormon.  I was teaching the plan of salvation to a lady this last week and I came across a scripture talking about the "original sin” of Adam and Eve.  There was a bit of a discussion that showed me she was confused.  But the scripture in  Deuteronomy 24:16 popped into my head that cleared things up.   It talks about not having to pay for the sins of our fathers.  This is so true and the Bible itself testifies of it.  I love this work.  I am so close with some people out here.  It is vital to be an example to everyone you meet.  It really helps the work go so much better.  Well, love you all!

Love, Elder Almquist:

No comments:

Post a Comment